To Make Pancake Batter
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and salt, mix well and sift to a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken egg, sugar and vanilla powder. Mix well then add melted butter. Stir in one direction until well mixed.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, stirring, until everything is well mixed. Let sit for 20 mins.
To Make Fillings
- Combine the minced pork with garlic and coriander roots, mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, stir fry the meat until cooked through.
- Optional: In a pot of boiling water, blanch the frankfurts slightly to reheat.
To Cook Pancake
- Heat some oil in pan on low, use a small ladle to scoop the batter onto the pan. Spread the batter into an oval shape with the bottom of the ladle.
- When the pancake is 70% cooked, crack a quail egg onto each pancake and immediately use a spoon to mix the egg white and yolk.
- Add some minced meat and a frankfurt on the pancake.
- Drizzle soy sauce and oyster sauce on top, with a dash of pepper.
- Roll up the Tokyo pancakes and serve.