- In a bowl, mix chicken and soy sauce and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a wok, heat a little oil and sear the chicken on one side until golden brown. Remove and set aside. The chicken is only partly done at this stage.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of oil to the wok and saute garlic and onion until the garlic starts to turn brown. Mix in the seared chicken, mushrooms and chillies and toss quickly.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until the chicken is done. You may add a splash of water if the dish is too dry. Turn off the heat, add cashews and green onions and mix well. Serve hot.