- Prepare your daikon by cutting it in half lengthwise, then cutting them into 3 cm slices.
- Then add the daikon to a pot of water over medium heat and let the water simmer with the daikon for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Start boiling some water in a pot, and when it is at a rolling boil, add the chicken to the pot. Parboil for 2-3 min or until skin and flesh turns pale. Drain the chicken and soak in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again and pat dry with some kitchen towels.
- Place your kelp at the bottom of a deep pan or saucepan. Then place the chicken, radish and chilli on top. Add 500ml of water, the mirin and soy sauce to the pan.
- Bring the broth to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce the heat to low before adding the spring onions.
- Allow the broth to gently simmer while skimming off any scum that rises to the top. Do this for 30 minutes.
- Before the chicken is done, cook the broccoli by boiling or steaming until done.
- Transfer the chicken, daikon and broccoli to a bowl. Strain the broth to remove the kelp and spring onions and pour the broth over the chicken, daikon and broccoli then serve.