- Sprinkle salt over chicken and leave for 10-15 mins then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot enough, place the chicken fillets on the pan skin-side down. Press on the fillets to maximize the contact of the skin on the hot pan and cook until the skin is a golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and flip the fillets to cook the other side for about 5 minutes. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- Clean up any oil or juices from the pan and add the chilli, sake, vinegar, mirin, soy sauce and water. Turn the heat to medium then add the chicken fillets into the pan and bring the sauce to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to boil reduce the heat so that the sauce is only at a simmer. Add the spring onions then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower and sugar snap peas until they are done.
- When the chicken is done, remove the chilli and spring onions from the pan and remove the pan from the heat.
- Plate the chicken on a serving dish and arrange the vegetables over the chicken.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with cooked white rice.