- Put prawns into 4L of boiling water and cook prawns for 2 mins. Remove and drain prawns in cold running water to stop it from cooking.
- Place drumsticks, chicken carcasses, pork bones into the pot with the 4L of water and let it simmer slowly for approximately 2 hrs.
- When the stock is simmering, add the pounded white pepper.
- Remove drumsticks after 20 mins when the drumstick meat is soft and yielding to a knife. Remove meat from drumsticks with kitchen scissors and set aside.
- In a separate small saucepan, gently cook prawn heads in vegetable oil until heads are slightly crispy.
- Filter the oil and set aside. The oil should be flavoursome with bright orange colour.
- Turn heat down on stock pot when carcass bones are soft and gradually add 3-4 tbsp of salt to taste.
- In a separate pot, blanch garlic chives for 20 secs with boiling water and set aside.
- Blanch and drain fresh rice noodles with boiling water.
- In a small dish, add diced fresh chillies and soy sauce as dipping sauce.
- Place warm noodles, garlic chives, slivers of chicken drumstick meat and prawns in serving bowl and ladle boiling stock over it.
- Garnish noodles with deep fried shallots, coriander and a sprinkling of white pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of the prawn flavoured oil on top and serve hot.