- Cut egg tofu into 2-3cm slices. Wipe dry with kitchen towels. Sprinkle corn starch on tofu and either deep fry or fry in a pan filled with enough oil to cover up to half the height of tofu. Fry until browned. Set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. There is no need to add oil. Cook roast pork and stir occasionally, until the oil is released. Dish out and set aside.
- Saute shredded ginger and shallots in the leftover oil from the roast pork until aromatic. Add garlic and increase heat to medium high. Toss the roast pork back in. Add baby corns, mushrooms, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. Pour in water. When it boils, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until roast pork softens. Then add in tofu.
- Add thickening ingredients and adjust according to your preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.