- Add 800ml water, pork belly, spring onion, sliced ginger and cooking wine into a pot.
- Bring it to boil, then take out the pork belly and set aside.
- Add 1500ml water and pork belly in a wok, bring it to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes with lower heat. Take out pork belly, rinse it with water, then cut into 1.5cm-thick pieces. Keep the soup for further use.
- Heat the oil with high heat. Add spring onion, ginger and pork belly, fry for 30 secs.
- Then, add cooking wine, red yeast powder, red bean curd sauce, rose bean curd, light soy sauce, star anise, and cinnamon bark, and cook for 1 min.
- Next, add the soup until it covers the pork. Cover and simmer for 1.5 hours with lower heat.
- Turn on the heat, add rock sugar and cook until the sauce reduces to a glistening coating.