- Chop the shiitake and king mushrooms into similar sized cubes (about ½ cm).
- Cut 2 spring onions into 3cm batons. Finely slice the remaining spring onion for serving.
- Cut the tofu into 3cm cubes, being careful not to break the tofu.
- Heat oil in a wok to medium heat. Then add in ginger and garlic, cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add all of the mushrooms to the wok, cooking for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Turn the wok heat to low and put in doubanjiang paste, Sichuan peppercorns and LKK peppercorn chilli oil, stir for 1 min.
- Gently place tofu into wok with salt, soy and water. Cook on a low heat for 3-4 mins.
- In a small bowl add 1 tbsp of water and cornflour to make a slurry. Pour into the wok, stirring to combine well, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Put tofu and mushroom mixture into a dish, top with finely sliced spring onion and serve with rice.