- Heat a pan over medium high heat, place 1 eggplant in with the skin still on. Let it cook on one side for about a minute or until the skin looks slightly charred smells smoky, but without burning the skin. Flip the eggplant over to the other sides and repeat the same steps of charring until all sides are completed.
- Once completed with the first eggplant, remove from heat and allow to cool. Repeat the same steps with the remaining eggplants.
- Once eggplants are cool enough to handle, peel skin off using a knife. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crack eggs in and beat until fluffy, then season with salt and pepper. Dip an eggplant into the egg mixture and gently press down the flesh using a fork, making it flat but still in tack and remains attached to the stalk. Allow eggplant to submerge into the egg mix so that it is fully coated. Let it soak for a minute.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and gently slide the soaked eggplant in, keeping aside the egg mixture for the remaining eggplants. Sprinkle some onions on top of eggplant and cook for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat the same steps for the remaining eggplants.