- Combine dried chilli, lemongrass and salt in a mortar and pound until fine, adding shallot, garlic and salted soy bean, continue pounding until become fine paste.
- Add tomatoes to the paste and gently pound together, until well combined Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, add the minced pork and mix well
- Stir fry chopped garlic in heated oil over low heat, until fragrant. Combine curry mixture and stir well, adding water and stir fry until well cooked and thickens. Remove from heat
- Place the mixture in a serving bowl, top with spring onion and coriander. Serve as dipping with vegetables; ie. Carrot stick, cucumber, celery, etc. and pork crackling as an entrée.
- Your Northern Thai Dipping Sauce is ready!
- Hint: It is also good for topping rice vermicelli, served as a light meal, or used as cooking sauce for various stir fried.