To Make Japanese Dumplings
- In a large mixing bowl, add shiratamako, joshinko and sugar, mix well.
- Add in warm water bit by bit while kneading the dough slowly until smooth and soft.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions, then divide each portion into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- In a large pot of boiling water, gently add in the dumplings. After they start floating on the surface, cook for 1 more min. Remove and transfer to ice water.
- Drain and put 3 balls into each bamboo skewer. Optional: On a grill or frying pan, grill the dumplings over medium high heat to slightly to char the surface.
To Make Sweet Soy Sauce
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, soy sauce, mirin and water. Stir and bring to boil.
- Add the potato starch solution into the sauce. When the sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- Coat the dumplings with the sweet soy sauce and serve with green tea.