- In a small pot, pour in coconut milk and add turmeric powder, kaffir lime leaves and sugar. Simmer on low heat for 3 mins, stirring to mix. Allow to heat up but do not boil. Remove and allow to cool down till warm. Put in yeast and allow to sit for 15 mins until the mixture starts to foam. Remove the kaffir lime leaves and discard.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in tapioca flour, salt and eggs. Gently stir to combine well. Slowly add in coconut milk and yeast mixture and gently whisk until batter is smooth. Cover with a cling wrap and allow to sit for 3 hrs in room temperature. If it is cold where you are, preheat the oven to 35°C. Turn off and allow the batter to sit inside the preheated oven. Once ready, there will be bubbles all over the batter to indicate that the yeast is active.
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Using a loaf pan, brush the pan with some oil and line the entire pan with parchment paper. Gently stir the batter to mix the ingredients well again then pour the batter into the pan. Place pan on the 3rd rack from top and bake for 50 mins–1 hr. To test if the cake is ready, the cake should not jiggle when you shake the pan. You can also place a clean toothpick into the centre of the cake. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Place the cake at the lowest rack and broil on low to slightly brown the top. Watch the process carefully to ensure the top does not get burnt.
- Carefully remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 mins before removing the cake from the pan. Slice the cake once cooled and enjoy with a cup of tea!