Ayam Panggang Kecap
- Place chicken in a bowl with the tamarind paste and salt. Massage into the chicken and set aside.
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, grind the bird’s eye chilli, shallots, garlic, white peppercorns, candlenuts and ½ tsp salt into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large and deep pan, fry the spice paste for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces, kecap manis, palm sugar and 1 tsp salt. Cover with 650ml of water and stir.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook without the lid on until the liquid has reduced by ⅔ and has become sticky, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken and reserve the cooking marinade.
- Cook on BBQ or under the grill brushing with the marinade until caramelised.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind together the ginger, chilli, garlic, belacan and ½ tsp salt into a paste.
- Add the crushed peanuts, lime juice, brown sugar and Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce. Stir to combine.
- Using a bean slicer, slice the beans and cut into 3 cm lengths.
- Peel the cucumber slice in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into thirds and julienne.
- Top and tail the bean sprouts.
- Drain the Valcom Bamboo Shoot Slices.
- In a large salad bowl, add all the prepared vegetables and pour over the peanut dressing. Toss to combine.