Yum Som-O Gai Sheek (Poached Chicken in Coconut Juice Salad with Fresh Pomelo)
A refreshingly zesty pomelo salad with poached chicken tenderised in coconut juice.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
For poached chicken
400ml TCC Coconut Juice for Cooking
4 clove garlic (smashed)
2 stem lemongrass (bruised)
2 stem coriander root (bruised)
500g chicken breast
12 bird’s eye chillies (sliced)
4 kaffir lime leaves
2 stem lemongrass (sliced thinly)
4 tsp chilli paste with soybean oil (available at Asian grocers)
6 tbsp TCC Coconut Cream
2 tbsp Squid Fish Sauce
5 pomelo/grapefruit segments
4 tbsp spring onion (sliced)
½ cup mint leaves
4 tbsp lime juice
2 bulb shallot (sliced)
- In a pot bring TCC Coconut Juice for Cooking, garlic, lemongrass and coriander root to a boil.
- Add chicken and reduce to medium heat for 7-8 mins or until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken then tear the chicken into small pieces to set aside.
- Strain and keep the poaching broth, put on medium heat and let it simmer until ⅓ liquid is left.
- Add dressing ingredients then continue cooking for 3-4 mins and remove from heat.
- Finally add chicken and salad ingredients, then mix well and serve.