Fragrant Oil Rice (Yau Fan)
If you're bored of regular steamed rice, this is the recipe for you. Jazz up your dinner with this recipe for Fragrant Oil Rice (Yau Fan). Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
20 shallots (peeled and thinly sliced)
4 cups uncooked rice (washed)
Salt (to taste)
3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute until lightly browned without burning them.
- Add in uncooked rice that has been washed, and stir-fry. Add salt and mix well, stirring constantly for 2-3 mins.
- Transfer the rice to the rice cooker to cook.
- The yau fan (oil rice) is typically served with Malaysian Bak Kut Teh.