Watercress Namul is a common side dish often served alongside a Korean meal. Serve this nutritious Korean watercress dish to accompany dinner. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
400gm watercress (2 bunches, washed and roots trimmed)
2 stalks spring onions, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sesame seeds
salt to taste
1. Make sure your watercress has been washed thoroughly, watch out for any sand that might still be on the vegetables.
2. Blanch the watercress in a pot of salted water until they have wilted. This should about half a minute or so.
3. Remove the watercress from the boiling water and immediately transfer into a bowl of ice water. This will stop the watercress from overcooking.
4. Once cooled, drain the watercress and squeeze out any excess water.
5. Spread the watercress over your cutting board and cut lengthwise into 3 equal sections (they should be about 5-7cm long).
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. You can use a silicone spatula or your hands so that the watercress remains intact.
7. Allow the watercress to marinate for about 10 minutes in the seasoning, then serve with steamed rice.
Find your nearest Asian Store