While a cold Somen is great, the day gets better with a healthy dose of veggies and some spices in the Warm Somen Noodle Salad. It sure can work wonders!
270g Hakubaku Somen Noodles
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
2-3 Celery, finely sliced on the diagonal
1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks
2 Green spring onions, finely sliced
2 tsp Ginger, finely grated
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp Five-spice powder
1 tbsp Sesame oil
2tbsp Light soy sauce
5 tbsp Japanese roasted sesame dressing
1. Prepare Hakubaku Somen noodles according to packet instructions.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a wok or fry pan until it is hot.
3. Add celery and carrot; sauté until tender. Add green onions, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder and sauté for another minute or two.
4. Turn off heat. Add drained Somen noodles to the wok and lightly toss with vegetable mixture through using a pair of tongs until thoroughly combined and noodles are heated through.
5. Add sesame oil and light soy sauce and stir through.
Find your nearest Asian Store