Warm Somen Noodle Salad
While a cold Somen is great, the day gets better with a healthy dose of veggies and some spices in the Warm Somen Noodle Salad. It sure can work wonders!
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
270g Hakubaku Somen Noodles
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2-3 celery (finely sliced on the diagonal)
1 carrot (sliced into match sticks)
2 green spring onions (finely sliced)
2 tsp ginger (finely grated)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
½ tsp five-spice powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
5 tbsp Kewpie Japanese Roasted Sesame Dressing
- Prepare somen noodles according to packet instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a wok or fry pan until it is hot.
- Add celery and carrot; sauté until tender. Add green onions, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder and sauté for another minute or two.
- Turn off heat. Add drained somen noodles to the wok and lightly toss with vegetable mixture through using a pair of tongs until thoroughly combined and noodles are heated through.
- Add sesame oil and light soy sauce and stir through.