Tropical Fruit Salad in Jelly
A delightful recipe for those with a sweet tooth! A lovely salad of tropical fruits in jelly, this simple dessert is the perfect end to a meal!
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
½ can UFC Lychees in Syrup
½ can UFC Mangoes in Syrup
½ can UFC Longans in Syrup
½ can UFC Rambutans and Pineapple in Syrup
4 tsp powdered gelatine
- Drain all fruit and set juice aside.
- Put 3 tbsp of water into a bowl and sprinkle gelatine over evenly.
- Mix 200ml of reserved juice from the drained fruit with remaining water and bring to the boil.
- Allow the gelatine to ‘sponge’ – it will swell. Remove water and juice mixture from the heat, add sponged gelatine to the hot liquid and stir well to dissolve.
- Arrange all the fruit in a bowl or mould and pour hot liquid over the fruit.
- Refrigerate until jelly is set.
Hint: Fruit and jelly can be served in individual bowls or glasses.