Tortang Tahong is a simple Filipino Omelette with Mussels, shallots, spring onions and tomato. Make this simple Mussel Omelette recipe. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Salt (to taste)
Grounded Pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp oil
4 shallots (peeled, finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
500g mussels (cooked, de-shell)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
¼ cup spring onions (chopped)
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. In a bowl, crack eggs and add salt and pepper to taste, beat eggs with a fork until fluffy.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add oil, shallots and garlic, saute until fragrant. Then throw in the chopped tomatoes, constantly stir frying, until tomatoes have softened.
4. Add in the pre-cooked mussels and cook for another minute, then add in oyster sauce. Stir through to combine all ingredients well. Next add in the beaten eggs and swirl the pan for the egg to go round the pan.
5. Add beaten eggs, swirling the pan to fully spread out the eggs and other ingredients. Then sprinkle the spring onions over the top of the eggs and let it allow it to cook until the eggs begin to set, approximately about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Remove omelette from the pan and transfer on to a oven tray. Place omelette into the pre heated oven and let it cook until it is completely set, approximately for a further 10 minutes. Once set, transfer on to a serving plate to serve.
Find your nearest Asian Store