Tofu Patty with Oroshi Ponzu
A scrumptious Japanese-style patty topped with a medley of mushrooms and juicy grated daikon, finished with the fragrance and citrus flavours of the ponzu sauce.
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
250g minced beef
150g minced pork
150g Obento Panko Breadcrumbs
80ml tomato sauce
1½ brown onion (finely diced)
2 garlic cloves (grated)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Obento Ponzu Sauce
Vegetable oil (for frying)
100g shitake mushroom
100g shimeji mushroom
100g enoki mushroom
100g oyster mushroom
*Mushrooms mix can be replaced with other fresh mushrooms.
300g daikon radish (grated)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season minced beef and pork with salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wrap tofu firmly with several layers of paper towel. Put a plate or cutting board over the wrapped tofu. Set aside for at least 5 mins.
- Sauté brown onions over medium-high heat until onions are tender. Set aside.
- Remove wrapped tofu and gently mash into coarse crumbs into a large bowl.
- Mix sautéed onions and the rest of the ingredients with Tofu while adjusting the firmness with bread crumbs. Reduce / increase amount of bread crumbs depending on the firmness of the mixture.
- Divide mixture into 150g patties. Heat oil to medium heat and pan fry both sides of the patties, then place them onto a baking sheet on an oven tray.
- Place patties in the oven for 15-20 mins or until cooked.
- Sauté mushroom mix in a pan with butter.
- Place sautéed mushroom and baked patties onto a plate. Garnish with grated daikon and chives. Serve with Obento Ponzu Sauce.