Thai Green Curry Barramundi
Fillets of barramundi fish are poached in a lightened-up coconut green curry sauce and served with jasmine rice for an inspired weeknight meal. Try this Thai green curry barramundi dish.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
4 fillets barramundi skin on
salt and pepper (to taste)
oil (to fry)
1 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp Valcom Green Curry Paste
4 kaffir lime leaves (torn)
2 long green chilli (deseeded and sliced)
150ml TCC Coconut Cream
1 cup stock
2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
30g coconut sugar
12 pea eggplants
1 carrot (peeled and finely sliced)
coriander leaves (to serve)
kaffir lime leaves
- Season the barramundi with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat and brown fish well skin side down 2-3 mins. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins. Remove and set aside. Peel off skin and crisp in a hot oven.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the green curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and green chilli stir fry 1 min.
- Stir in the coconut cream, stock and fish sauce cook stirring 1 min. Add the pea eggplants and carrot reduce heat and simmer 6-8 mins.
- Add the barramundi fillets to the sauce and continue to simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves, steamed rice, kaffir lime leaves, lime cheeks and crispy barramundi skin.
Notes: Prawns, Chicken or Mussels maybe be used in place of Barramundi. Pea Eggplants maybe replaced with Okra or Thai apple eggplants.