Yum Woon Sen (Thai Glass Noodle Salad)
Thai Glass Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen) is a classic Thai salad that requires minimal effort and makes for a hearty meal starter.
200g Double Phoenix Bean Vermicelli
300g chicken mince
100g Jade Phoenix Dried Black Fungus
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp Squid Fish Sauce
6 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp sugar
5 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Valcom Lemongrass
2-3 bird's eye chilli (sliced)
2 tbsp Valcom Minced Coriander
1 tbsp mint leaves (chopped)
3 shallot onions (finely sliced)
lettuce leaves (to garnish)
coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Soak bean vermicelli in warm water for about 5 mins or until softened. Drain and roughly chop.
- Soak dried black fungus in warm water for about 5 mins or until softened. Drain and roughly chop.
- Heat oil in the pan/wok and cook the chicken mince. Add a dash of fish sauce and stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Add bean vermicelli and black fungus, stir to mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and sugar to the chicken mixture and stir well. Add the mint, garlic, lemon grass, chilli and minced coriander; stir well.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce and then spoon the chicken mixture over the leaves. Garnish with shallot and coriander leaves.