Thai Basil Fried Rice (Khao Pad Horapa) is a simple Thai dish that's easy to make at home. Follow this recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 red Thai chilli (finely chopped)
½ cup boneless chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces)
¼ cup red capsicum (core removed, and cut into strips)
1 onion (thinly sliced)
¼ cup Chinese long beans (roughly chopped, about 3cm pieces)
½ cup Thai basil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 cups cooked white rice (overnight works best, otherwise left out for at least 2 hours)
½ tbsp fish sauce
1. Heat up some vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry until the garlic starts to colour.
2. Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
3. Then add the long beans and capsicum before quickly adding the oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, and light soy sauce.
4. Add the onions when the long beans and capsicum are almost cooked and stir fry until they begin to be translucent.
5. Now add the rice to the wok and stir/toss until the rice and sauce are mixed well.
6. Finally, remove the wok from the stove and stir in the Thai basil leaves before transferring to a serving plate.
Find your nearest Asian Store