Sukju Namul Muchim (Seasoned Mung Bean Sprouts)
A staple side dish in Korean dining, mung bean sprout is blanched and seasoned lightly in a sesame dressing. Toasted sesame seeds are added for extra crunch.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
350g fresh mung bean sprouts
1 tsp salt (to add to water)
6 cups of water
1 tsp spring onion (chopped finely)
½ tsp garlic (minced)
½ tsp salt (adjust amount to taste)
1 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Rinse the mung bean sprouts in cold water.
- In a pot, boil water and add salt. Once water boils, blanch mung bean sprouts in the pot for 1-2 mins.
- Drain the water and immediately run cold water on the sprouts.
- Lightly squeeze the sprouts with your hands to remove excess water. Put the mung bean sprouts into a mixing bowl, add the seasoning sauce and mix well.
- Serve them on a plate and enjoy sukju namul muchim on its own, or as a side with rice and other dishes.