Stir-fried Beef with Lemongrass
Fusion Dish - A must-try for all you stir-fry fans! Lemon grass, sweet chilli sauce, and beef - a winning combination all the way.
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
500g beef stir-fry strips
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp Fresh Valcom Lemongrass
2 tbsp Squid Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Yeo's Light Soy Sauce
1 bunch water cress
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp canola oil
Red chilli (sliced thinly, to garnish)
Coriander (to garnish)
- Cut bottom 7cm off the lemongrass stem, and slice very thinly (keep the remaining portion to flavour soup stocks if you like)
- Marinate beef in lemongrass, corn flour, fish sauce and soy for at least 1 hr.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok, add water cress and 2 tbsp water and toss for 1 min. Arrange on a plate and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok, add beef and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until cooked. Add sweet chilli sauce, stir through, and serve over watercress.
- Garnish with coriander and sliced chilli.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.