Stir-fried Beef and Fried Rice
Tender strips of marinated beef lend flavour to the heating rice in this quick stir-fry dish! Try this Straits special recipe of stir-fried beef and fried rice.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
400g beef fillet (thinly sliced)
2 tsp Yeo's Sambal Oeleck
1½ tbsp Yeo's Sesame Oil
100g onion (finely chopped)
fine yellow frisee (optional to garnish)
1 jar Yeo's Nasi Goreng Paste
1 tbsp Yeo's Sesame Oil
700g rice (cooked and cooled)
100g carrot (chopped)
100g cucumber (thinly sliced)
2 eggs (whisked)
- Fry the nasi goreng paste in heated sesame oil until fragrant.
- Add rice and stir-fry thoroughly until every grain is coated. Add vegetables. Set aside on a serving plate.
- Pan fry whisked egg to make an omelette. Remove and slice finely. Garnish fried rice with cucumber and omelette strips .
- Stir-fry sambal oeleck in heated sesame oil for 1 min.
- Brown onion, add beef and stir-fry for 2 mins. Remove and set on a different serving plate.
- Sprinkle sesame oil and garnish with fine yellow frisee. Serve hot.