Steamed Chicken Curry Cake
Steamed chicken curry "cake" recipe is not a dessert. Just a wonderful savoury tea-time snack from thai cuisine!
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
300g chicken (minced)
200g prawns (coarsely chopped)
1 jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
200ml TCC Coconut Cream
3 tbsp Squid Fish Sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp ground peanuts (optional)
4 cups basil leaves
50ml TCC Coconut Cream (extra)
½ tsp corn flour
3 tbsp Fresh Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves
2 tbsp red chilli (sliced)
2 tbsp coriander (minced)
- Combine chicken, prawns and coconut cream in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Combine curry paste, egg, fish sauce, sugar, peanuts and half of kaffir lime leaves into the mixture and continue stirring for 2 mins until well-mixed.
- Place basil leaves into 4 serving bowls before filling with the curry mixture.
- Steam over boiling water for 15 mins or until just cooked.
- While steaming, prepare topping cream by mixing 50ml coconut cream and corn flour and stir over low heat until cooked. Set aside.
- Open the steamer, garnish curry cake with topping cream, red chilli, minced coriander and the remaining kaffir lime leaves. Continue steaming for 1 min before removing from heat. Serve with rice.