Spicy Chicken with Bamboo Shoots
The crunchy texture of bamboo shoots added to the bold flavors of kaffir lime leaves and Thai chillis, make this delicious, spicy chicken dish a must-try!
400g chicken breast fillets
4-5 tbsp Valcom Red Curry Paste
2 tbsp oil
1 can Valcom Bamboo Shoot Slices (julienned)
1 tbsp Squid Fish Sauce
2 tsp sugar
½ cup water
2 tbsp young pepper corn (optional)
2 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 red chilli (julienned)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Boil half a pot of water and poach the chicken fillets for 2 mins. Set aside and let it cool down before slicing thinly.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry red curry paste over low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat until cooked.
- Add bamboo shoot, fish sauce, sugar and water. Stir through for a further minute.
- Add pepper corns, kaffir lime leaves and red chilli. Stir-fry for 1 min, add the fresh basil leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.