Sigeumchi Namul is something you'll see in plenty of Korean restaurants. Serve this seasoned spinach side dish with your favourite Korean meal. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
500g spinach (2 bunches, washed and roots trimmed)
2 spring onion (chopped)
4 tsp gochujang
4 tsp soy sauce
2 clove garlic (minced)
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch your prepared spinach in boiling salted water for 30-40 seconds. This should be enough to wilt the leaves. Immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
2. Once the spinach has cooled, drain them and squeeze out any excess water,
3. Spread out the spinach and cut into roughly 8cm long pieces.
4. Finally, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, making sure that all the seasoning is evenly distributed and mixed with the spinach.
5. Allow the spinach to marinate in the seasoning for at least 10 minutes, then serve with steamed rice
Find your nearest Asian Store