Shrimp Eggplant Sweet and Spicy Curry
This sweet and spicy curry makes for a delicious dish with layers of flavours that leave a mixed, but heavenly taste in your mouth!
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
500g long purple eggplants
150g shrimp (peeled)
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp oil
1 onion (cut into wedges)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp curry powder
4 bird's eye chilli (sliced)
50ml TCC Coconut Cream
2 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis)
3 pieces bamboo or metal skewers
1 tsp salt (for sauce)
- Quarter the egg plants lengthwise and cut into 6cm batons. Rub eggplants with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Pan-fry the eggplants with 3 tbsp of oil until all sides are brown. Remove from pan and drain.
- Saute the shrimps with 1 tbsp of oil until half cooked. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic with rest of oil until fragrant. Add curry powder and chili and stir evenly.
- Add coconut milk and water then bring to boil. Heat until oil separates.
- Add ABC Sweet Soy Sauce, kaffir lime leaves and salt to taste.
- Add fried eggplants. Cook over low heat until flavors are absorbed. Add prawns and cook through. Remove from heat and serve.