Roasted Pork Belly
Golden roasted pork belly is a perfect starter with soft flesh and a crispy outer layer and is a great crowd pleaser.
Cooking Time: 60mins - 120mins
1 pork belly (approximately 1.2kg)
2 tbsp coarse salt
150g Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
2 tsp Salt
½ tsp five spice powder
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
2 lt water
- Cook pork belly in boiling water for 5 mins. Remove from water and set aside. Discard water.
- Boil seasoning mix for 5 mins. Add pork belly and cook for 45 mins. Remove pork belly and allow to drain.
- Using a needle, poke a large number of holes in the skin of the cooked pork belly
- Wrap bottom side of pork belly with aluminium foil and place on a baking tray. Leave the skin-side of pork unwrapped and face up. Sprinkle and coat a layer of coarse salt on the pork skin.
- Bake the pork belly in a preheated oven to its highest temperature for approximately 25 mins.
- Remove pork from oven, discard the salt on pork skin and scratch out burnt skin, roast again until the pork skin starts crackling, crispy and golden yellow. The whole process takes around 40 mins.
- Your roasted pork belly is ready!