Delicious homemade pineapple jam that can be used for any sweet-and-sour sauce or a glaze for roasted meats. A nutritious spread to add a new flavour to your dish!
Cooking Time: 60mins - 120mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
1.8kg slightly ripen Morris pineapple flesh (about 4 nos. of medium sized pineapples)
300g coarse sugar
Note: May replace with other pineapples if you have difficulty looking for a Morris pinapple.
- Peel pineapple skin and remove eyes and core. Cut pineapple into small pieces.
- Blender pineapple pieces in batches till fine grainy paste.
- Pour blended pineapple into a stainless steel pot.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- You will notice paste starting to foam on top as it cooks. (this is normal!)
- In about 20 mins through cooking, paste start to thicken slightly.
- In half an hour you will notice paste reduced to almost half and thickens. add sugar and it will turn watery again. Stir to combine paste well.
- Cook till pineapple paste almost turned dry. Taste and add more sugar if required.
- Turn to low heat and continue stirring occasionally so it does not get burnt at the bottom.
- When the pineapple jam turn to a deep golden colour, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Store in a glass jar and refrigerate. Enjoy your pineapple jam!