This Japanese pickle recipe combines the peppery taste of turnip with the citrus flavour of yuzu. Get this Pickled Turnip with Yuzu recipe. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
3 small turnips (or radish)
1 kombu (dried kelp, about a 4x4cm piece)
1 fresh red chili
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp yuzu juice/extract
1. Rinse turnips and peel the skin and cut into quarters. Slice thinly
2. Cut kombu into small strips.
3. Slice red chilli into half and remove seeds if you like it less spicy.
4. In a glass bowl, add turnip slices, kombu, red chili pepper, yuzu juice/extract, salt and mix well. Seal with cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or, 3 days or more before serving.
5. To serve, gently squeeze the turnip slices to drain any excess liquid.
Find your nearest Asian Store