A modern twist to the Pad Thai! A fancy way of making Pad Thai is to cook the egg separately as a very large, thin, crepe-like egg sheet and wrap the Pad Thai inside it. Try this Pad Thai Rice Crepe Recipe.
1 ½ cups Rice soaked overnight
½ cup Coconut Cream
1 ½ cups Water
½ tsp Turmeric ground
Oil to fry
250g Green Prawn meat
2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
2 Tblsp Valcom Pad Thai Paste
1 Lime, zested
50g Bean sprouts
1 x 227g can Water chestnut slices, drained
1 x 225g can Bamboo Shoot slices, drained
3 Spring Onions, sliced diagonally
1 bunch Thai Basil, Mint, Coriander
1 long Red Chilli, deseeded & finely sliced
1 Carrot, peeled & grated
1 Tblsp Valcom Pad Thai Paste
2 Tblsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1 Tblsp Fish Sauce
½ tsp Sesame oil
Method (Stove Top)
1. Drain the rice and place into a blender, blend well add, the remaining ingredients and process until mixture is smooth.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add ¾ cup of the rice mixture to the pan and roll pan to make a thin pancake. When the edges are crispy carefully remove the crepe and set aside, repeat with remaining mixture.
3. Heat a little more oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry the prawns for 1 minute. Add the combined Squid Brand fish sauce, Valcom Pad Thai paste and lime juice, continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Combine the bamboo shoots, spring onions, herbs, chilli and carrot in a large bowl and toss well. Pour over the combined dressing.
5. Place the crepe into the centre of a large serving plate or board, place the salad onto one half of the crepe, top with half the stir fried Pad Thai prawns and fold over.
6. Serve warm with a little sweet chilli sauce.
7. Your pad Thai rice crepe dish is ready!
Notes: Prawns maybe replaced with chicken or tofu
Find your nearest Asian Store