Nori Maki (Sushi Rolls)
Becoming a popular but healthy take-away option for many, this recipe enables you to make sushi rolls at home. Perfect for entertaining guests at home. Try this Japanese dish.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
6 Obento Nori Sheets
450g Kokuho Sushi Rice
39g powdered sushi mix
S&B Wasabi (to taste)
Tuna (fresh or canned)
- Cook the rice by bringing 500ml of water and rice to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 12-14 mins.
- Remove from heat and stand covered for 5-10 mins.
- Prepare the sushi rice by evenly sprinkling the powdered sushi mix over hot rice in a large bowl.
- Stir through the rice using a paddle or flat blade knife to separate and cool rice.
- Prepare the sushi by placing 1 sheet of nori (shiny side down) onto the bamboo rolling mat, moisten your hands with water and take a handful of cooled prepared sushi rice.
- Spread the rice evenly over the surface of the nori, to within 1cm of the edge.
- Add the desired amount of wasabi along the middle of the rice.
- Add your preferred fillings in the middle and on top of the rice.
- Begin rolling up the mat over the ingredients – stop when you get about 2.5cm from the edge of the nori.
- Life the mat and roll forward again to join the edges of the nori – keep applying a gentle pressure to make the roll firm.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the completed rolls in half, place the halves side-by-side and cut into thirds – each roll will make 6 pieces.