Massaman Lamb Shanks
This Slow-cooker Massaman Lamb Shanks Recipe is the perfect winter warming dinner. It's best served with steamed rice and crispy fried potatoes!
Cooking Time: 60mins - 120mins
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
4 lamb shanks (frenched)
1 tbsp oil
1 onion (cut into fine wedges)
4 tbsp Valcom Massaman Curry Paste
2 cups chicken stock
400ml TCC Coconut Milk
¼ cup dry roasted cashew nuts (finely chopped)
1 long red chilli (sliced)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2-3 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
2 ripe tomatoes (cubed)
crispy fried potatoes (to serve with)
coriander leaves (for garnish)
dry roasted cashews (for garnish)
- Pre-heated oven to 160c.
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan and brown the lamb shanks well. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the onion in the pan 2-3 mins then stir in the massaman curry paste and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Stir in the stock, coconut milk, cashew nuts, chilli, coconut sugar and squid fish sauce. Return the Lamb shanks to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and slow cook in the pre-heated oven for 90 mins until shanks are soft.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh diced tomato, coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts. Accompany with steamed rice and crispy fried potatoes.
Notes: Gravy beef or chicken thigh maybe used in place of Lamb shanks.