Macadamia Chicken Curry Sticks
A twist on the traditional Japanese "yakitori" (grilled chicken on skewers), macadamia chicken curry sticks dish is flavoured with Japanese curry with a crunchy macadamia topping
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
Cuisine: Fusion, Japanese
16 chicken tenderloins
100g S&B Golden Curry
100g macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
200g shredded vegetables
50ml Obento Mirin
2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
1 tsp Yeo's Sesame Oil
2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
½ cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Combine the golden curry and water in a small saucepan and dissolve curry; bring to the boil stirring.
- Add ¾ of the chopped macadamia nuts to the curry, reserving the remainder for garnish.
- Spoon the golden macadamia curry over the chicken skewers and bake on a lined baking tray for 15 mins (grill or BBQ until cooked through at 170°C) basting frequently.
- Toss the remainder of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Blend any remaining curry sauce with the wasabi paste and mayonnaise until well-combined.
- To serve: Arrange skewers over the salad decoratively on a large platter, sprinkle with reserved macadamia nuts and serve with the curry dipping sauce.
Note: Chicken may be replaced with pork, beef or lamb