Drizzled with a sweet and tangy lemon sauce that is irresistibly delicious, this Lemon Chicken recipe is so easy to make and much better than takeouts.
• 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless, cut into cubes)
• 1 large egg (beaten)
• Oil for deep frying
• 11/2 tsp soy sauce
• ½ tsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp corn starch
• 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ¼ cup corn starch
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
• 3 tbsp plum sauce
• 4 tsp sugar
• ⅓ cup water
• 1 tsp corn starch
• A pinch of salt to taste
• Sesame seeds (toasted)
1. Cut the chicken breast in halves and marinate with all the ingredients for Marinade for 30 mins.
2. Mix well and sift all the ingredients for Coating and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, mix all the ingredients for Sauce. Heat saucepan over medium to low heat and stir well. Reduce heat once the sauce starts to boil and stir occasionally until the Sauce thickens. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
4. Heat 2-3 inches of the oil in a wok to 180ºC for deep frying.
5. Dip chicken pieces in egg, then coat with Coating mixture evenly. Shake off excess Coating. Gently drop chicken pieces into boiling oil.
6. Deep fry the chicken until light golden brown. Dish out chicken and drain excess oil by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.
7. Drizzle Sauce over fried chicken, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Find your nearest Asian Store