If there's one thing Korean cuisine does the best, it's fried chicken. Experience the authentic tastes of Korea with this fried chicken wings recipe!
1.5kg chicken wings, washed and drained
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon minced ginger
¾ cup potato starch
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
5 cups vegetable oil
1. Cut off the tip of each wing and chop the wing in half.
2. Mix salt, ginger and ground black pepper in a big bowl and put the chicken in and mix equally by hand.
3. Put potato starch in another bowl and dip each wing to coat it, one by one. Squeeze each wing to press the coating to it tightly.
4. Put 5 cups of cooking oil in a frying pan or pot and heat it up for 7 to 8 minutes over high heat.
5. Check the oil by dipping the tip of the wing in the oil, if the oil bubbles, can start frying. Slide the wings in the hot oil one by one and fry for about 13 minutes, turn the wings over a few times with a long tong.
6. Depends on your size of pan or pot, may need to do it in a few batches. You will need more cooking oil if you use a large pot.
7. Remove wings from the oil and let them sit on a strainer. Turn off the heat; let the wings sit for a few minutes.
8. Reheat the oil and fry the wings again for another 15 minutes until they turned golden brown. Remove them from oil and place them on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Find your nearest Asian Store