Ketupat (Malay Compressed Rice)
Ketupat is a Malay compressed rice cooked in coconut leave. Perfect for summer. Served with cubed pieces of red onion and cucumber to dip in the peanut sauce or satay sauce.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
2 cups raw broken rice (washed)
3 cups water
2 pandan leaves for fragrance
2-3 tbsp salt (optional)
- Cook all in a rice cooker.
- Press hot rice into a square container.
- Press with waxed paper/cling wrap until the rice are all tight. Wait till it cool and put in refrigerator.
- Serve when cool, cut into squares.
- Garnish with cut cubes of red onion and cucumber. Alternately, serve with barbeque satay sauce.
- Your Ketupat is ready!