Stir-Fried Japanese Pumpkin with Pork (Kambocha Pork Stir Fry) is a quick and easy meal to make at home. Recreate this dish tonight for dinner. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
250gm minced pork
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp flavourless cooking oil
1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
1 tsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
½ tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sake
1 tsp corn starch
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sake
½ tsp sugar
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 250g minced pork with the Minced Pork Seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
2. Combine Kabocha seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Discard the kabocha seeds with a spoon, and then cut into thin slices. Place sliced kabocha in a bowl and add 1 tbsp water over, cover bowl with a lid and microwave for approximately 2 mins. Set aside.
4. Heat oil on medium heat in a fry pan or wok, and saute garlic until fragrant. Add in the marinated minced pork and stir fry until cooked through. Add and stir through the gochujang and the microwaved kabocha.
5. When kabocha is fully cooked (firm, but not too hard or mushy), add in the prepared Kabocha seasoning and stir through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Find your nearest Asian Store