Honey Ribs Stew with Rosemary
The subtle flavour of rosemary combined with sweet soy sauce and slow-cooked beef. Try this Straits honey ribs stew with rosemary recipe
1kg beef ribs
2 tbsp butter (for sautéing)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp powdered paprika
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp tomato sauce
3 tomatoes (freshly chopped)
3 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1-2 tbsp honey
3 stems rosemary leaves (finely chopped)
- Clean ribs from excess fat. Place beef ribs covered in boiling water with a rosemary stem and 3 bay leaves. Cover with lid and cook until ribs are tender. Set aside ribs and stock.
- Heat butter, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add powdered paprika, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes and stir through. Add ribs and stock. Bring to boil.
- Add sweet soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until liquid thickens.
- Add honey and rosemary leaves. Cook for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or steam rice (optional)