Gyeran Jjim (Korean Steamed Egg)
Gyeran Jjim (Korean Steamed Egg) is a popular side dish to accompany spicy Korean meals. Have a go at steaming eggs for a soft, silkier texture. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fish sauce
1½ tsp mirin
¾ cup chicken stock (vegetable stock, optional)
½ stalk spring onion (finely chopped)
- Heat the Ttukbaegi (Korean earthenware pot) over high heat, or alternatively a small sized seasoned cast iron pot.
- While waiting for the pot to heat up, combine egg, salt, fish sauce and mirin in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the stock into the egg mixture and whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- The ttukbaegi should be well heated by now, reduce heat to low and slowly pour the egg mixture. Cover and steam for approximately 5 mins.
- Turn heat off, garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.