Gaeng Keow Wan Mu Yang (Green Curry with Roast Pork)
Green curry is a variety of curry in Thai cuisine, and the most popular one in Australia. Green curries tend to be just as spicy as red curries, or most times even hotter.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
500g pork steak
2 tbsp oil
4-5 tbsp Valcom Green Curry Paste
400ml TCC Coconut Milk
1 cup water
2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup eggplant (cubed)
1 cup capsicum (cubed)
4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 red chilli (diagonal cut)
2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grill or roast pork steak in an oven (medium-rare) and slice into 1cm thick. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, stir-fry Valcom Green Curry Paste over low heat for 2 mins or until fragrant. Slowly add half of the TCC Coconut Milk and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Add the roast pork, Squid Brand Fish Sauce and sugar. Stir through.
- Mix the remaining of TCC Coconut Milk with water and slowly add into the mixture. Bring to boil for 2 mis.
- Add eggplants, capsicum, kaffir lime leaves and red chilli. Stir well. Return to boil until the eggplants are cooked. Add basil leaves before removing from heat. Serve with steamed rice.