Green Curry Mussels
Combining the spicy and sweet flavours of green curry with the savoury taste of mussels, this quick and simple dish is a must-try for seafood fans.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
1kg mussels (scrubbed and debearded)
1 onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 tbsp ginger (grated)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Valcom Green Curry Paste (add more to taste)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ bunch coriander (chopped)
1 cup coconut milk
fried shallots (for garnishing)
- Heat a medium-sized heavy-based pot and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant.
- Add fish sauce, coconut milk and sugar and bring to boil.
- Add drained mussels and cover pot with lid. Bring pot contents to boil and remove from heat immediately.
- With the lid on, shake the pot occasionally to open the mussels.
- Dish out on a serving plate and garnish with chopped coriander and fried shallots. Serve the dish immediately with steamed rice.