Golden Chicken Balls
Delicious Golden Chicken Balls that have a crispy outer shell with a rice filling. These Japanese delicacies are very similar to the Arancini concept. Enjoy these chicken balls!
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
400g chicken mince
2 cups Kokuho Rose Rice (cooked)
1 tsp Obento Pickled Ginger
1 tsp garlic (minced)
¼ cup coriander leaves (chopped)
6 sheets Obento Yaki Nori
1 cup corn flour
2 eggs (beaten with ¼ cup water)
200g Obento Panko Breadcrumbs
oil (for shallow-frying)
to serve Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Combine the chicken mince, cooked rice, ginger, garlic and coriander together in a bowl.
- Shape mixture into small balls and refrigerate.
- Cut the yaki nori sheets into four squares, spray each square with a little water to soften and wrap around a chicken ball. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and nori.
- Dust the balls in the cornflour and dip into the beaten egg; then roll in the panko crumbs. Refrigerate until required.
- Cook balls in hot oil for 3-4 mins or until cooked; remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise and pickled ginger.
- Your Golden Chicken Balls is ready!
Note: Canned tuna can be used in place of chicken.