Deep Fried Eggs (Kwek Kwek)
Deep Fried Quail Eggs (Kwek Kwek) are a popular Filipino street food. Get the easy-to-make recipe for these crispy battered quail eggs. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
16 pcs cooked quail eggs
3 tbsp corn starch
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp anatto powder (turmeric or paprika powder can be used as a substitute)
¾ cup water
2 cups oil
- Lightly dredge cooked quail eggs in corn starch and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper. In another small bowl, dilute anatto powder in warm water and mix well with the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Put all the quail eggs into the batter mixture and coat well.
- Heat oil in a pan and immerse battered quail eggs into the oil and deep fry for 5 mins or until golden brown. Dish out and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.