Crispy Fried Noodle (Rice Vermicelli)
This is a popular noodle dish from Bangkok and is the Thai version of the Chinese "Chow Mein"
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
100g Wai Wai Rice Vermicelli
4 king prawns (shelled and deveined)
100g pork or chicken fillets
oil (for frying vermicelli)
2 tbsp tamarind water
1 tbsp Jeeny's Palm Sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
coriander (to garnish)
1 fresh red chilli (sliced thinly)
- Fry the vermicelli until they puff up, drain them on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Make an omelette with the eggs and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Stir-fry pork or chicken and prawns for 5 mins until cooked.
- Make a syrup with the tamarind water and palm sugar, and combine with the noodles while hot. Toss well to ensure an even coating.
- Garnish with sliced omelette, red chillies and fresh coriander. Serve.