This Malaysian Creamy Butter Chicken (Lai Yao Kei) combines deep-fried chicken with a rich, spicy sauce. Make this tasty dish for your next dinner. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
2 chicken thighs (boneless and cut into cubes)
2 tbsp butter
2 bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
1 stalk curry leaves
230ml evaporated milk (amount varies depending on preferred thickness of sauce)
Pinch of chicken stock powder (optional)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
½ tbsp sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1. Combine chicken cubes and marinade in a bowl. Marinade for a minimum of 1 hour.
2. Deep-fry the chicken cubes. Dish up chicken, drain and set aside.
3. Heat wok and add butter. Fry chillies and curry leaves till fragrant.
4. Pour in evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Add in chicken stock powder, salt and sugar to taste.
5. Add chicken and cook until they are cooked through. Stir to coat chicken pieces evenly in the sauce. If the dish is too spicy, add a pinch of sugar.
6. Serve hot with rice.
Find your nearest Asian Store